giovedì, giugno 15, 2006

AFTER MAKING A LARGE LUNCH (Italian style) of pesto pasta with tomatoes and goat cheese, I am beginning to wonder how Italians can possible be such wonderful cooks. Our kitchen is incredibly small. There is a separate tiny room with a gas stove and oven, cupboards right at head-hitting level, and a tiny sink with no hot water faucet. How do they cook here? I am just now becoming accustomed to the poor supply of cooking utensils, but I doubt I could ever get used to this kitchen built for a child-sized person.
        As I am cooking, there is almost a chorus of singing out my window. The construction workers, who are working on the next building over, are constantly belting out Italian ballads for me to listen to. It reminds me of the Seven Dwarves whistling as they work.
--Ashley French
(Gonzaga)

Nessun commento: