lunedì, giugno 18, 2007

The Bigger Picture

TWELVE MORE DAYS before we go home and this experience is over. Not that I’ve been counting down the time or anything, just been reflecting on time spent, lessons learned, and new voids filled in my heart. After hearing and witnessing many horror stories concerning homesickness, cultural mismatches, and project overload, I find myself focusing on the bigger picture—this experience as a whole.

Opportunities such as this one come once in a lifetime for some and are golden gifts to those who make note of the special things trips like this can offer. Not only has this project helped me with my skills in communication and journalism, it has introduced me to people with everlasting impressions, taught me how to better work with others, be quiet when needed, speak when the time is right, and better understand Chanel and the path she wants to take.

This experience has been beneficial in other ways that I hadn’t imagined and I’ll be bringing home a lot more than what I came with… I try not only to receive knowledge from lessons, but also wisdom from life! Class is in session!
-Chanel Grundy

Nessun commento: