lunedì, giugno 18, 2007

Television

SO I WENT to Douglas’s house yesterday because I had to interview his wife[…]. [Something I noticed] while at their house is that their televisions do not even compare to the TVs in America. In their home and in other houses I have been in here, I notice that they just have one little television in the entire house. This TV is basically the size of a TV that Americans have just in one room of their house. It’s funny to see that their only TV is the standard size of America’s “kitchen-type” TV.

Although this may not be the case in all Italian households, it seems about right that they do not watch TV nearly as much as Americans do. I find it rather humorous to think about how we have huge flat-screen TVs that basically fill up the entire wall in each room of the house—it just shows how Americans can sit in front of the TV all day and how important electronics like that are of so much more importance back home than they are here. Just another example of how lifestyles are different. Since I am not much of a TV-watcher, I think I could get used to the Italian way of not really watching or even owning a TV in my house… something I think many Americans would struggle with. Kind of sad to think about.
--Kathryn Lacey

Nessun commento: