lunedì, giugno 18, 2007

"In Topless"

I WENT TO THE BEACH this weekend in Fano with my roommates, or landlords, their baby, and the babysitter. The beach was stunning and the water was beautiful and clean.

I noticed that the Italians are very comfortable with their bodies. Ninety percent of the men were wearing Speedos. Ninety-nine percent of the women were wearing bikinis.

Later that day, when I went for a swim, when I came back to the group, the babysitter was topless. I was shocked and immediately felt awkward. It just seemed inappropriate… she was the 45-year-old babysitter—she shouldn’t be topless in front of the family she babysits for. I realized that nudity is more acceptable in Italy.
-Lauren Pappas

1 commento:

Anonimo ha detto...

It's not true. The nudity is not abcetted in Italy..only in tv..perhaps...The italian girl in topless are few insted the foregner girl in topless are a lot. we are tollerant with topless but the 90% of girls in topless in Italy are foregners girl. I think that american girl cannot judicate Italians. Italians think that Americans girl are very easy..they drink a lot..So in the day they are very puritan but in the night with drinks americans girl are very easy and stupid!!
stefania