lunedì, giugno 18, 2007

Healthcare

I BECAME VERY SICK TODAY and yesterday. I had not eaten seafood in large quantities here before and I stopped by the fried seafood stand at the market and proceeded to stuff my face with calamari and shrimp. Shortly after that I came down with a fever and sharp stomach pains.

Apparently according to Laura, you can get prescription drugs here without any kind of a prescription. I haven’t investigated this but I can see how this could be true. It makes me think about how healthcare here is free. This boggles my mind. Life would be so much easier for everyone if this was true in the States. People who needed treatment but couldn’t afford it could now get healthy. I think that there are a lot of things that European countries do that the U.S. does not that would make the U.S. such a better place. Italy as a whole just has such a different way of life. Coming from a country like the U.S., it makes you see that there are different ways to live out there past your own way of life.
-Catherine Leung

Nessun commento: