giovedì, giugno 14, 2007

Real Life

SOME OF THE STUDENTS who are taking part in the Cagli program seemed a little uneasy when they first arrived in Cagli, noting the size and population of the town. I found it funny when returning on the bus [from Florence] on Monday how many people were relieved to “get back to Cagli” so that they could take a break from the stress and noise that is Florence. I find it funny, because until coming to Cagli, most of us were used to and even embraced a chaotic schedule, involving college, working, and a heavy social life. I may be stretching here, but I feel like a good number of the students involved in the program have already begun to embrace the slower life that one finds in Cagli. People were so ready to get back from constant noise and motion that smiles literally crept across their faces as we turned the corner and caught our first sight of Cagli. I joked with my friend that night that this, Cagli, isn’t “real” life. I said that, of course, while sitting on my terrace overlooking Old Cagli, backdropped by an amazing sunset. Well, it may not be “real” life, but now, while we are here and can enjoy it, I must say it’s pretty damn good.
-Reid Johnson

Nessun commento: