mercoledì, giugno 13, 2007

The Waterfall

KATRINA AND I WERE FINALLY ABLE to find one of the waterfalls yesterday, despite the inadequate directions we had. After scurrying down a winding street with no sidewalk, dodging cars for fifteen minutes, thinking that we were going the wrong way, we came across a path leading to the water. I was immediately disappointed by the sign forbidding visitors to swim since it was finally a nice, hot day, but we continued down the narrow path, swatting bugs away from out faces. I definitely recommend wearing sneakers to traverse the steep path down to the river.

When we finally got to the flat rock that we could lie down on, I felt that the walk was completely worth it. The waterfall area was so calming and peaceful. I was pleased that the only sounds to be heard were the waterfall and the chirping birds. Even though Cagli isn’t a bustling metropolitan city, it was still relaxing to not hear cars whizzing by and motorino horns honking for a few hours.

I was surprised that this secluded area only had one beer bottle and a few cigarette butts strewn about. If there were beautiful places like this in America that were not closed after dark they would be inundated with beer cans and bottles. When we scaled the rocks and dipped our feet into the ice cold water, I was glad that I could see straight to the bottom of the unpolluted river that was swarming with fish. I hope it stops raining so we can frequent the waterfall more often.
--Alex Cirillo

Nessun commento: