mercoledì, giugno 13, 2007

Cars

THE FIRST FEW DAYS I WAS IN CAGLI, I thought that there was at least some pattern to the traffic. I thought I was good if I stayed to the side of the road and watched out for cars. Today on the piazza, I came to a different conclusion. I was working on my video project taping some of the cafes. There were many students around and lots of cars, those moving and those parked around the fountain. I realized early on that the moving cars proceeded in a circle around the fountain, and if I stayed near the cars inside the white box surrounding the fountain and framed by lampposts I would be fine.

Today I was getting video from the center parking section overlooking Caffe d’Italia with my arm balanced on the lamppost and I nearly got run over several times. I’m all for watching where you step, but today it really seemed like unless I was actually in the cafes I was at risk of being run over!

My motto now, on the side streets—just watch out for cars. But on the piazza, be sitting at a table or take your own life into your hands.
--Anne Wessel

Nessun commento: