martedì, giugno 05, 2007

I CANNOT BELIEVE that I came to Cagli less than a week ago. I feel like I have been here for at least a month: already the streets are familiar and I am comfortable finding my way around the city. Although I feel that the small size of the city has helped me to feel at home so quickly, there is a special quality of Cagli that is responsible for my great level of comfort. At home, in my town of Wilmette, Illinois, there is no piazza or main gathering place. Some of the elderly people can be found in a small café every morning and teenagers are always at Chuckwagon, the pizza place on Ridge Road. There is no one place where the young and old congregate. In Cagli, the piazza is the center of town. At night, people stroll around the square licking gelato, their arms linked while they chat with their friends. I feel so welcomed and accepted into their world, how could I not love it here?
-Julia Gaspary
(Loyola)

Nessun commento: