martedì, giugno 05, 2007

BRAINSTORMING FOR STORY IDEAS is a task that is usually fun and creative. In journalism, writers are often assigned stories, so being given the opportunity to choose a story and let your mind run free is rewarding. Because I find it more exciting to write a story about some place I know very little about, I embraced the challenge right away. But wait! I know nothing about Cagli besides the little we have experienced and studied. Anxiety begins to build, panic slowly arrives, and this brain of mine overflows with ideas mixed with the unknown, mixed with “what am I going to write about”. I refrain from looking flustered in class, and, as soon as the 15-minute break started, threw my head in my lap. When I lifted my head I began to think, and think, and think some more! For some reason the only word that continuously echoed was Cagli.

Cagli. It’s a place hidden from most tourists, but it filled with rich history and good people. A place where “old meets new”. There’s a story! Old Cagli and New Cagli. What separates the two, brings them closer, what hidden history do the two towns have, and what keeps the people wanting more? I’m sure I’ll find something even I didn’t expect to uncover.
-Chanel Grundy
(Bennett College)

Nessun commento: